The boat inspections by Murmansk Port Authority are thorough; no detail escapes the inspector’s observant eyes!
Our onboard inspections went well. Now we are only waiting for final approval from the central authorities in Moscow. Since it’s weekend, that won’t happen before tomorrow. If all goes well and we receive a “go” then – which at the moment seems very likely – we’ll set sail again tomorrow evening.
Børge is very pleased with the stay in Murmansk, and the reception and good help they have received from the Russians.
Here is a video from Friday, preparing the details of our route toward the
Northeast Passage, studying ice charts with Victor Boyarski and representatives